Sunday, September 4, 2016

Small Steps

I can never see myself going to a therapist; so I’m glad it’s possible for me to help myself. Though I can tell you self healing isn’t easy; especially if you’re still in a toxic environment surround by the people who hurt you the most. I’m slowly starting to discover my true self and accept myself for who I truly am. I am finally doing things I always wanted to do, whether or not my family approves of them. Like I : got a few tattoos and I'm re-gauging my ears, wearing makeup and doing my hair, and dressing how I please. My parents still try their old abusive tactics, but I see through them now and it’s easier to deal with. They just can't stand to see me happy and confident; it reminds them of their own insecurities I guess. Accepting and loving myself for the first time has really worked wonders for my spirit and given me hope that things can and will get better.

   My parents would always tell me how worthless art was, but now I don’t care what they say anymore. And picking up the paint brushes and finally doing what I love is pure bliss. It really is fun to finally do things I was always shamed for; I’m hoping to save up enough money to take some art classes at the local Community college.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment